Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Half of My Heart

Part of being a missionary means that I agree to "go where He wants me to go".

Sometimes that's hard -- sometimes I think I want to stay.

But eventually I realize that God knows best, and I should probably just listen. Because I know that whatever He says I should do, I should do.

I just got the news that I'm getting transferred to a new area.

I've been serving in the Mesa South Stake for the past six months, and it has no doubt been the best six months of my life. I have loved every moment I've spent here. (Or I've loved it in hindsight...)

The thing that made these months here so special for me has been the people I've gotten to associate with. I'm only beginning to understand what Christ's command to "love thy neighbor as thyself" truly means.

When I think of the way that I love myself, it's not perfect, but it's the way I want to be loved, because I know me. I excuse myself of mistakes, I know my favorite dessert (chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, if you wondered), and I love myself for all of my flaws.

Christ wants us to love everyone this way. The way they want to be loved. And that's a lesson I'm [very, very slowly] learning.

Serving people all day, everyday has helped me to better understand this.

I loved the people of the Mesa South Stake as I would love myself; imperfectly and always trying to do better. I tried my very hardest to understand them, and they let me in.

Because of that, a piece of my heart will always be in Mesa South.

But I'll never perfect my understanding heart, and I'll never run out of room to love new friends.

                      p.s. I could never post enough pictures to show how much
                      I love the people here. Here's a small glimpse into my time
                      in the Mesa South Stake.











No comments:

Post a Comment